Sunday, April 15, 2007

When his literature tutor asked everyone in class to introduce themselves, he remained silent. When the teacher got everyone to write down their names on a sheet, he put down a question mark. "?"
He was nothing but a question mark to people who knew him.
Cho murdered 32 people on Monday morning, more lives than a suicide bombing could usually claim in the Middle East, and more than twice the number of deaths from the Columbine killing. While we see the event as horrific atrocity, unspeakable, pure violence, the media and us have gotten so obsessed with the killing itself. The question had used to be, 'What's on his mind?', but as he died, we just went, 'Oh well, this guy's a madman.' And all those videos and pictures and text merely became syndrome of his schizophrenia.
Didn't we forget that he tried to provide an explanation to his acts in that manifesto? What did we know when we heard him mumble the words "brats" and "snobs" and say he would 'die like Jesus Christ and inspire generations of defenseless people'... Isn't it obvious why I think we are way too obsessed with the killing itself? Cho was compared to a few other equally(or probably not as much) disturbing campus shooters in all possible manners. But when I first watched that video clip of Cho's, two images immediately came to my mind - John Kramer/Jigsaw in Saw, the Death in Final Destination, both of whom executed those who'd failed to appreciate what they had in life. ("brats" & "snobs" based on Cho)
Many of my peers are always unhappy, querulous and greedy. They are so freaking used to taking what they already have for granted. They are, in some way, a group of jaded kids in the developed countries. I've always thought so, and I hate them too, but certainly not so much that I want to kill my classmates and then shoot in my own face (of the year). =.=
Thanks to some bumpy journey of life since 1988, I've suffered too much from frustrations and eventually settled down to feel satisfied with whatever I have at the moment. I've said this in one of the previous posts:

I'M BORED, AND I'M HAPPY. =)

I hope some of these people can complain less about having not enough but start to realise how damn lucky they are. At least stop using their parents' money to satisfy their unbounded needs. Oh oh just a thought, Bush should totally ban guns in all states so he could at least do one thing right before he 'zao' (meaning 'go off' in Singapore if not mistaken).

Cho Seung-hui wanted to send all of us a message.
He first sent that package to the wrong address, but NBC managed to receive it anyhow, and rather stupidly, they broadcast the video on TV, so despite the struggle, that message still went through.
However, few of us are getting the message right, because he chose the wrong method to do it.

That was just not the way.
___________________________________
Some links:


:::+:ETHER:+:::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home